WEB DESIGN AND CONSULTATION TERMS of SERVICE
Offered by jbQ Media LLC
Fees payable are as follows:
- $50/hr or 83¢/minute for work performed in our own office, including telephone consultation and email consultation, with the exception of communication concerning revisions of work completed.
- All time charges are rounded to the nearest minute. (We don’t round up to the nearest hour!)
- $75/hr for screen share/phone support, or consultation at the client’s business location. Travel to client location is billed at half time rate plus the Federal Statutory mileage rate (57.5¢ as of 2015)
- Flat rate work will be proposed and agreed in advance, itemized via email or invoice.
- One hour Initial Consultation is offered at no charge. Further consultation will be billed at the above rates.
- A deposit of 40% of initial work estimate is due on email confirmation of this agreement.
- Invoices will go out on Fridays.
- When the balance of work done exceeds the amount of the deposit, the weekly invoice will reflect a balance due.
- Invoiced amounts reflect work performed as agreed and directed, and are due on receipt.
- Failure to pay the current outstanding balance within 7 days will release jbQ Media from any further work obligation and cause the deposit to be forfeited.
3. Single Point Of Contact
One person will be the contact point for communications regarding this website. The designation of that person can be changed by mutual agreement.
4. Kill Fee
In the event that the project is terminated by the client for whatever reason, all invoiced work defined in email and performed by us remains payable and due, with no additional obligation EXCEPT in the event of collection action, in which legal fees will be sought in the event of non-payment and any subsequent necessary litigation.
5. Revisions And Rewrites
- Each itemized item on the invoice is subject to one revision of content, unbilled.
- Email correspondence regarding initial rewrites will not be billed.
- Further revisions and related correspondence will be billed on an hourly rate.
- Typographical or style errors on our part will be corrected when pointed out, and not considered to be “revisions” by the terms of this section.
6. Project Scope
- Project scope includes items specifically agreed via email in advance of work performed.
- Consultations and recommendations regarding possible features in site design do not constitute definitions of project scope.
- Project scope is defined by itemized estimate via email or signed letter of agreement only.
- Items proposed or suggested in conversation do not automatically become part of the estimated work order until quoted and approved in writing or email.
We retain full copyright ownership of site design and build until payment is made in full, at which point the copyright for site design and full ownership of rights transfer to the client.
- Copyright for Photographs and editorial content created by jbQ Media remain with jbQ Media with a license to use in perpetuity clear of any encumbrance granted upon receipt of full payment for all services rendered.
- Copyrights and exclusive use may be arranged via separate contract.
- The client is responsible for the provision of photographs and graphics. NO artwork or graphics “copied from the internet” without a license for use will be used on any site at any time.
- Photo shoots commissioned by the client will be billed for labor at the rate of $125/hour.
- Photo development and keywording for custom shoots are offered at $5 per photo.
The work deadline will be defined by mutual agreement. It is understood that as an independent contractor, we have other clients to accomodate, but will make every effort to meet agreed deadlines.
9. Example Work and Site Assets
The client agrees to provide at least 2 examples of websites or other work they would like to emulate in order to provide initial direction in choice of theme and/or imaging.